2. Beautiful Cover: Oh boy haha I mean who doesn't want to instantly read a book with a beautiful cover. I truly believe that publishing companies are learning how to market these books in a way that captures the human eye.
3. Historical Fiction: As a history major in college, this element defines my interest as a person. I absolutely love historical fiction as well as those books that have a historical setting.
5. International Authors: I love reading out of my comfort zone and that definitely means reading a lot of translated works or works from authors that are not from the United States.
7. Award Winners: I included this element not because I think award winning books are superior to other books, but because award winning books have a tendency to spark my curiosity. They are liked and well awarded for some reason and most of the time I want to know why.
9. Re-Tellings: I love re-tellings. Like really love them and it took me a while to discover my fondness for them; however, I am glad that I did. So no if you tell me that a book is re-telling I more than likely will read it.