My Fair Lady was the 1964 winner of the Best Picture. It is based on George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion which chronicles the journey of a young lady by the name of Eliza Dolittle who takes speech lessons from a professor Henry Higgins so she can become a lady in society. The tale is humorous, heart-wrenching, and overall a family fun piece. I lovveedddd this movie. It was a re-watch for me as my father introduced me to the film when I was around 7 or 8. I have a very soft spot for musicals so this was automatically guaranteed to be enjoyable. If you haven't seen it yet I definitely would recommend it. Audrey Hepburn does an amazing job and the music is simply fantastic.
Grammy Album of the Year: Morning Phase - Beck
- Morning: This song just has a sultry vibe to it. It's really relaxing and easily put my nerves at ease.
- Unforgiven: The bass in this song is truly unbelievable. It has this slow vibe that is almost reminiscent of reggae.
Overall Thoughts: I thought that this album was okay. It wasn't anything special in my personal opinion. It definitely had a nice 70s vibe to it and it was really relaxing to listen to; however, I think that this album is something that you have to be in the mood for. I don't see how it won the Grammy for 2015 because I don't think the album is universal. It's good, but it definitely isn't for everyone.
Nominee Album: In The Lonely Hour - Sam Smith
- I'm Not The Only One: If you have ever loved someone and they have stepped out the boundaries of your relationship then this song is for you. Just trust me on that.
- Like I Can: An empowering song if you've ever thought that someone chose the wrong person and the person that they should have went for was you. I've been in that spot a couple of times.
- Not In That Way: Just simply heart-breaking. That's the best way I know how to describe it. But at the same time I love it.
- Lay You Down: A plea to love some one and take care of them. I've been in this position before as well. : )
- Money On My Mind: I just didn't understand this song. It started on with a good beat, but then it just fell flat for me.
- Stay With Me: I know I'm in the unpopular opinion group with this one, but I just don't care for this song. It could be that it got too much radio time and every station played it over and over again.
Overall Thoughts: I loveeddd this album. It is one that I definitely can relate to. It has everything from falling in love to affairs to breaking up and I absolutely adored that. To be honest I don't understand why it did not win the award for Album of the Year. It is universal and definitely reached a wide range of individuals. I think I need to go through and research the criteria that these albums are judged on.