2015 Reading Stats
Number of Books You Read: 99
Number of Re-Reads: 7--of course most these were all Harry Potter books and the second was Romeo and Juliet, but I anticipate doing some more re-reads this upcoming year and yes Harry Potter will be included again! :)
Genre You Read The Most From: This year it was mostly fantasy and graphic novels/comics. I think this was the year of comics and graphic novels. I read one and then I was instantly hooked.
Best in Books
- Best Book You Read in 2015: The best book I read this year besides my Harry Potter re-reads was definitely It's Kind of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. This book touched my heart in ways that I could not even put into words. I attempted to write how wonderful the story was in my review; however, it did not do the book justice. After my own experience in a mental hospital, this was my first time feeling such a strong connection to an author writing about mental illness. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it.
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More (But Didn't): This is a pretty easy one for me. I thought I was going to love Throne of Glass as much as everyone else, but I didn't. I liked it well enough, but it didn't bring as much excitement as I expected.
- Most Surprising (In A Good Or Bad Way) Book You Read: For this I'm definitely going to with More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera. I did not expect that book to be amazing as it was. He did a brilliant job.
- Book You "Pushed" The Most People To Read (And Did They): I have been pushing the Falling Kingdoms Series since I read the first book and now I've read every single book that has been published to date. I don't know if people are reading the series, but they definitely know I refuse to stop talking about it. :)
- Best Series You Started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015? This answer should be quite clear from the previous question. The best series I started this year hands down was the Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes. It also had the best sequel considering that I binged every single published book in the series as well as the spin-off series. I just can't seem to get enough. However, the best series ender of the year goes to P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. This book is so dear to my heart and genuinely brought tears to my eyes.
- Best Book From A Genre You Don't Typically Read/Was Out of Your Comfort Zone: Okay so graphic novels and comics are now definitely in my comfort zone, but before this year they were not so the best book I read from this genre this year was easily The Wicked + The Divine. I just love the addition of mythology in this graphic novel series.
- Most Action Packed / Thrilling / Unputdownable Book of 2015: The Falling Kingdoms Series without a doubt. And yes I say series, but each book was just perfection.
- Book You Read in 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year: Other than the Harry Potter series I definitely will be looking forward to reading It's Kind of A Funny Story again.
- Favorite Cover of A Book You Read in 2015: The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Most Memorable Character of 2015: King Gaius -- he's such a nasty character no one could ever forget him.
- Most Thought Provoking/Life Changing Book of 2015: Snowflower & The Secret Fan wasn't the most life changing book, but it was the most thought provoking in terms of my perception of beauty. It made me realize that the standard of beauty is different in every culture and beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.
- Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2015 to Finally Read: I cannot believe it took me so long to read Americanah. I mean I knew who the author was and I had listened to her Ted Talk on feminism, but it took me forever to get to her book. When I say this book was amazing I truly mean it. The writing alone was captivating enough to make me want to read everything she has every published.
- Favorite Passage/Quote
"Life can't be cured, but it can be managed."
- Shortest/Longest Book Read in 2015:
|Shortest 23 pgs|
|Longest 870 pgs|
- Book That Shocked You The Most: For this it would definitely have to be The Wicked + The Divine Volume 2--I did not see that ending coming at all.
- OTP of the Year: Jamie & Claire--oh my goodness I absolutely love their story and yes I know there are some questionable parts to their romance, but I instantly fell in love as soon as I read Outlander.
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship: The picture below is squad goals. I don't care what anyone else says haha :)
- Favorite Book You Read In 2015 From An Author You've Read Previously: For this I would have to go with The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. I read my first book by Rick Riordan at the end of last year and ever since then I have been unable to stop reading him.
- The Best Book You Read in 2015 Based Solely on a Recommendation from Someone Else/Peer Pressure: For this I'm going to go with Outlander. I have a lot of book community friends that continuously told me how good the series was. I even joined a read-a-long group and it definitely was worth tackling that big book.
- Newest Fictional Crush From A Book You Read in 2015: Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!! *screams out loud*
- Best 2015 Debut Novel: The Wrath and the Dawn
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year: The Harry Potter series of course.
- Book That Put A Smile on Your Face/Was The Most Fun to Read: For this I would definitely have to go with P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. That book had me smiling from ear to ear.
- Book That Made You Cry/Nearly Cry in 2015: It's Kind of A Funny Story. Me and this book had a serious connection this year.
- Hidden Gem of the Year: Once again I'm going to go with It's Kind of A Funny Story. I never expected to make such a beautiful connection with a book this year.
- Most Unique Book You Read in 2015 : For this category I'm definitely going to with the Fables comic book series that started. It has the most unique and interesting manner of combining all these fairy-tale creatures and re-telling their stories.
- Book That Made You the Most Mad (Doesn't Mean You Didn't Like It): P.S. I Still Love You was probably one of the only books this year that made me angry simply because of the love triangle. I really had a hard time deciding who I wanted the main character to end up with and apparently she did as well. However, I still love the book.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
- New Favorite Blog You Discovered in 2015: Honestly I found so many great blogs this year that I cannot even begin to choose a favorite. I just started blogging in May so I'm trying to find and discover as many new blogs as possible.
- Favorite Review You Wrote in 2015: For this I would definitely choose my review of Spelled by Betsy Schow. I absolutely loved that book. Be sure to check it out!
- Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had On Your Blog: It would definitely have to be the Harry Potter tag that I did this summer. Be sure to check it out here!
- Best Event That You Participated In (Author Signings, Festivals, Virtual Events, Etc): Definitely YallFest. Check out my v-log of the event!
- Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Lifestyle in 2015: It definitely would have to be when I got my first comment on my blog and the first time I was asked to review an author's book.
- Most Challenging Thing About Your Blogging or Reading Life in 2015: I would definitely have to say working out a schedule to post consistently.
- Most Popular Post On Your Blog This Year (Whether It Be By Comments or Views): My most popular post was definitely my review of Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman by Jenn Sadai. You can find the link to that post here.
- Post You Wished Got a Little More Love: I think that post would be my review of It's Kind of A Funny Story. I just love that book and the awareness it raises about mental illness. You can find the link to that post here.
- Best Bookish Discovery: Book Outlet!!! It will be the death of my poor wallet.
- Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges or Goals That You Had Set for Yourself at the Beginning of this Year: Yes the biggest challenge I completed was reading 99 books when my original goal was to only read 85.
- One Book You Didn't Get to in 2015, but Will Be Your #1 Priority in 2016: Okay for this one I actually have two answers. It will be the House of Hades by Rick Riordan and re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Book You Are Most Anticipating for 2016 (Non-Debut): The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes
- 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro.
- One Thing You Hope to Accomplish or Do in Your Reading/Blogging Life in 2016: I want to post at least 3 times a week this year.
- A 2016 You've Already Read & Recommend to Everyone: I haven't read any yet. :(
Thank for checking out my 2015 End of Year Survey! I hope everyone enjoyed it and here's to a wonderful blogging/reading year in 2016.