3. I might be the last person to actually start the Throne of Glass series; however, I'm glad I actually checked out Sarah J. Maas's writing this year. I hope to catch up with the series very soon.
4. Adam Silvera is one of the most brilliant authors I have encountered this year and I absolutely love that we share the same last name. : )
6. John Layman and Rob Guillory...I don't even have anything to say except brilliant. I absolutely love the Chew graphic novel seires.
7. Another great graphic novel series I checked out for the first time this year. I absolutely loved this graphic novel and I cannot wait to read the third bind up when it comes out.
8. A fairy-tale re-telling of Cinderella set in the future. I cannot wait to finish the rest of the series next year. Marissa Meyer definitely has a knack for writing.
9. Ned Vizzini--I heard his name so much whenever bloggers talked about books with the issue of mental illness. I'm definitely glad that I jumped on the bandwagon.
10. Last but definitely not least. I'm so excited that I discovered the brilliance of Bill Willingham and his series Fables. I know that the final issue came out this year and I'm extremely excited to be reading this comic series as it is the re-telling of famous fairy-tale characters.
What were some of your favorite new to you authors this year? Let me know in the comment section below.